Thursday, December 17, 2015

Trains of Morn



The trains shook me in my amour
which keeps me safe but not warm.
Train whistles like a siren
greeting the hours of a new morn.

I’d pluck the flowers from the treetops
and bend an endless rainbow to see you.
Over the starless morning
these moments are hard to breathe through.
So let’s call it even with the universe
and forget who said what first.
Is that Haley’s comet flying by?
We live in sin and then we die.
I’ll be just fine
right here in my room.
It’s the end of the world
not to be over soon.
I’ll be just fine
sorting it out by myself.
I’ll do just fine,
I don’t need any help.
I’ll go soaring through the fireworks
until I reach your ports.
Until my vessel reaches your harbor
I’ll never feel completely sure.

The morning shook me like a freight train
and hustled me like a street,
but at least I krept through the night
and past the corners from my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment