Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Terrabithia







































Looking at your window
Draped with silver moon glow
Your room looks like a lighthouse
a guardian piercing the night sky.
I can hear the trees sing,
taking me to back when
I could claim your heart my own
and rock you through the night.

I can hear your safe words
rising from the floor boards
Where we spent a late August night
Moving together tight and slow.
Laughing on the porch swing
I just keep remembering
how you promised your love
would never dare let me go.

I never liked the marshland
Until you walked through it with me
Every turn and every inch
held uncertainty.
I always embraced the night
in the smoky foothills I would run
Every night I lived through
was a day that might not come.

Through the dusky pathways
passion’s my open gateway,
a bridge to Terrabithia
and deliverance from my shame.
The place where we ran barefoot
deep within the green woods
in time eternal sun and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment