Friday, December 18, 2015

Burn Away




I don’t care who you are anymore.
I don’t want to see your face.
Oh how the mighty do fall,
and your descent’s a disgrace.
Not only are you not a truth sayer,
you’re not even smart.
You were pretty and got lucky in life
You took a bunch of circumstance, 
then you called it art.

In your sleep and in your dreams,
front to back and in between,
where’s your faith 
where’s your will?
You take all you want
and go for the kill.
It’s on the street 
it’s in the air.
You can feel me everywhere,
I’m your passion
I’m your shame,
But you were no moth
to this wiser flame.
Love is gone but I’m still here,
in your laughter in your tears.
I’m the one you’ll miss the most,
I’m your hero
I’m your ghost.

Burn the pictures and burn the letters,
set fire to anything we had together,
From those ashes I will rise
Spread my wings and touch the sky.
I’m in your soul and leached into your head
I’m the one you will not forget.
Oh the ways I could make you feel,
brave Achilles,
I’m at your heals.
You feel you’re sleeping in my stare,
but when you wake there’s nothing there.
I’m the whisper buried deep in your shouts 
You walked away but there’s no way out.


No comments:

Post a Comment