Friday, December 18, 2015

Rosemary Ave





















There’s a tearstained piece of paper,
blowing aimless in the wind,
Wasteful as the countless tales
You hear of love that doesn’t win.
To me that you wander
like a tremor in my heart.
This is why I wonder if
each soul has a plan and a part?
I’ve basked on center stage.
I’ve waited in the wings,
pulling velvet curtain ropes
as I listened to DC sing.

All is fair in love and war,
we play our lives like lyre from Hell.
In those songs we spin the whole world
Be I angel or devil?
Who can tell?
Inside myself I walk two roads;
heart and mind in separate directions.
My soul lingers everywhere,
with wicked seeds to it’s own destruction.
A broken heart left me weak and shaken
my calloused hands too numb to reach and grip.
I have sucking chest wounds steal my breath,
Her eyes alone could launch ten thousand ships.

To crawl bare belly along this floor,
to gasp and choke on every breath
I hope it is all fear leaving the body,
I fear not life nor shame nor death.
Speak no evil and share no blues,
you swear that’s life long resolution.
Leave no traces but touch the few,
I still think we could’ve had a revolution.
Missing without being missed back
is a devil with no name.
Blood rushing, I hear my heartbeat,
you’d never guess what I became.
Star light star bright,
there will be no tears tonight.
I do wish someone’d tell me though
that no matter what,
it’’s going to be alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment