Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Sparrow, Brooklyn NY





















Awake in a perilous ocean
I'm fighting free from the fall
that that has helped me
hath betrayed me,
and there's no one to blame at all.
I watch the sunrise in Brooklyn.
I'll be in Union Station by dark,
it's not good or bad or meaningful
it's just the way things are.
I'm in love with violin and arches.
I'm feeling war paint heal,
I feel raw in my skin,
I breath in
instantly everything's real.
"You're Phoenix again"
Sparrow said with a grin
oh she smiled the most perfect smile
"I am" I agreed
glad to feel freed
I've been watching myself stumble a mile.
Then she cried
and I asked why.
She believed part of me was forever lost;
over the years
the grinding gears,
she said I couldn't begin to imagine her loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment