Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Fever In and Fever Out


Fever in and fever out
tell me what it’s all about.
Chase me down a lover’s lane,
push me until there’s no more pain.
We’re all gods here on the floor.
Deep with thought and so much more.
Covered in dreams I’m still awake
safe and sound
there’s no escape.
I feel love hanging in the air
above the shame 
your proud despair.  
Razors, mirrors, lullabies
hold me close I’ve climbed so high
The more that hits you by the vein
the further you can run away.
Spin my bottle round and round,
ashes to ashes 
we all fall down.
The lights are out
my dance is weak.
Voices steal away my sleep.
There’s no heaven
all is dark
my innocence is down to sparks.
Silence come and fill my head
as I float above this twisted bed
I hear protests 
I hear shouts.
Fever in and fever out.

No comments:

Post a Comment