Thursday, December 17, 2015

NW Ponderosa



























Prepare for the blades of Heaven,
calm yourself the night has come.
You’re living and dying 
all the years you live 
So yes, it all has just begun.
This cool Sunday night is passing
quick like water through my hands.
The sanction I find in your laughter
starts like a pinprick 
then the ripples span.

You move me like the roaring thunder.
You shake me like a crashing wave.
This is the apex of my survival,
the saints are singing “Amazing Grace”.
Until they close that coffin
I’ll be my mother fucking self.
I’m a white tiger on the prowl
with my blueprints and my health.
And I wish not to be who I am not.
I’m to old to be under lock and key
maybe that’s calling the kettle black
but no one tells me how to be.

Have a love bigger than an ocean.
Don’t regret drifting a world apart.
Find that will that’s stronger than emotion
and find enough room in your heart.
You might have to be extra forgiving
and everything could go wrong
but if helter skelter were tomorrow
I need you to be super strong.
Go rest against me and sigh,
it’s such a long journey 
will we ever arrive?

Make my road an adventure
aim far; we’re looking for distance.
After all we are going
the less certain path of greater resistance.
That burning sphere is sinking fast,
how longer will the illumination last?
Johnny Cash song’s wafts through the screen door
as tiny ovals burn out of existence tonight.
Right now I want to be somewhere I adore
dancing, laughter, and lilies
on a mid August night.
You move me like the roaring thunder.
You shake me like a crashing wave.
This is the apex of my survival,
the saints are singing “Amazing Grace”.






No comments:

Post a Comment