Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Long time Love Sick Fool








































Some long time ago
is when I must have learned.
The first in love, the last to leave
is the one to surely get burned.
So I never said how I felt,
I kept it bound inside.
Every time a tear escaped,
it felt like a dagger to my pride.
No one ever told me
It’s okay to be afraid,
thinking of just one person
twenty four hours a day.

Who knows how long I’ve loved you
right before your eyes.
You might think I’m stubborn
but I’m your love sick fool inside.
Now that you’re in my life,
nothing is the same.
Time drags on day by day,
but now it’s worth the pain.
Cheers to inspiration
in a mundane world of woe.
You’re the only one that’s special
in a world of pretty souls.

Over the Baltimore skyline
light sweeps into my world.
I know I’m suppose to be a survivor
when I just want to be a girl.
I’ll gladly descend with Dante
for a life that I figured out how to live,
for a love that loved me in return
that’d be more joy than Heaven could give.
I know I’ll never burn,
as long as I stay close to you.
You’ll never be the one to cry
I’m your love sick fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment