Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Good to Be Writing




This year’s finally dying
and I’m glad to see it go,
false profits, mindless drama
heart break and not enough snow.
Early mornings I spent crying;
my dearest Athena, rest in peace.
You were you truly exuberant,
now I’m broken to say the least.
I can’t sleep at night anymore
days seem shorter than they’ve been,
I may fall or crawl the walls
 but at least it’s good to be writing again.

So many dreams dashed
so many promises crushed,
I haven’t had a drop to drink
my head’s as heavy as a lush.
I have lived more than I should have
and all lessons learned in time.
You have to be disappointed to know joy
and pushed to know the line.

I’m looking forward to January,
knowing now the combination,
to the lock that opened my eyes
teaching me silent contemplation.
Maybe a good snow storm and a candle
would move the gravity of my pen
I’ll come out of my room when I’m ready
but at least it’s good to be writing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment