Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Love's Suicide


























A crumpled sheet of paper
I found tucked into a book,
keeps my life long secrets
where no one thought to look.
You still keep my pride
dangling before my face,
making me jump for nothing
because I’ll never touch your grace.
A woeful amount I cried for you
and it turned into a sea
I’d have sacrificed myself
in your waters willingly.
There’s your ring on my finger
with promises past the strife.
Damn, you hateful betrayer,
how you lied.
Watch me shed my skin
from the keyhole in the door.
In this cave I will be brave
Until I can’t feel you anymore.
You stand in the line of fire,
and you shoot straight from the hip.
Bullets can’t skink in me
like the lies leaking from your lips.
So take me to the river
of love’s sweet suicide.
Carry my motionless body
to the other side.
Turn me into another lover,
pull my body down
to your shallow cradle
and let me finally drown


No comments:

Post a Comment