Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Fifteen





















No one knew the password,
I was just fifteen.
You said I could trust you,
and you’d watch over me.
All I remember was the summer,
writing you letters late at night.
I was wading through the river
of ten million shining lights.
I hid your picture safely,
in my pillow case.
So when the nightmares came
I’d feel protected by your grace.
All our prayers were suppose to be answered
and everything was supposed to be alright
Every breath that you would take
Would turn into my lullabies.
The summer wrapped around us
turning the world a kinder hue.
Starry skies and warm green grass,
fireflies were the innocence I knew.
Every single night was perfect,
You carried me away
one more ride with the gondolier,
bless me in the rain.
I still don’t understand
why without a reason you ran away.
I had just learned to fly again
and you turn my body into a cage.
No one knew the password,
I was just fifteen,
You said I could trust you,
and you’d watch over me.


No comments:

Post a Comment