Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Elsewhere







Sour prayers of morning

Collect in the corner cobwebs

of my mind,

once belonging to me

now twice belonging elsewhere

Weighing down the frail silk

With unfavorable discourse

two nights passed

Bitter morning bleeds over the horizon

As fading night leaves sticky fingerprints

And restless echoes falling

Into the places I have cherished

That take me to your shore

The moon ceases to exist

Stately night surrenders

Under siege of arrogant sunlight

Pastey sleep dissolves

Into fresh restlessness

And twittering afterglow.

Morning shapes drifting across my ceiling

and swirl in confusion

watching me neatly tuck you in

from the heights of my dreaming.

The world is not as mutually exclusive

as we might be lead to believe

But if everyone had their heart's desire

The world would come

To a grinding halt.

And in the stillness

I find myself beside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment