Saturday, July 25, 2009

Closer and Closer

I can hear you calling me

From statues in my heart
Bringing me one step closer
Though we dream on stars far apart
I'm ready to confess
In secret languages of forbidden dreams
Driving emotions that ignite my thinking,
Because you believed in me.
I’m a fool that calls forth you to witness
I know not what I do
Broken hearts hurt

but they make us better,
Even the angels would fall for you
The dragons sleep at night
So I might linger in your grace
How do you love despite the pain?
Why do you give when it's natural to take?
Kiss my hands and swing me high
it pacifies my brawling rage

Apostles lost to benediction
Watching sunrise,

promise to page
Press my hand closed around the thorns
I’ll bring your demons to the sea
As I pray there's someone out there,
Who can bring you back to me.


1 comment: