Monday, March 21, 2016

Truths


I take care of my own 
but will not take responsibility 
for being anyone's bad influence. 
Don't try to keep up with me
but keep friends in low places. 
Play your hand close to your chest. 
Let them underestimate you.  
You know thyself,
and are clever enough 
to feed candy to the stupid people. 
We are Vikings,
we carry the torches
when the masses require light
to stay on the course of least resistance. 
I will no longer tell anyone 
to never lose hope,
because you can be robbed of all hope;
your soul vandalized
and your character assassinated 
when it's not your fault. 
There are big truths 
and small ones of the master plan. 
Tell the greater actuality 
and show your war paint. 
Never blame anyone for your choices,
we're all damaged goods to someone. 
I can make you unabashedly happy. 
I promise I will be your lullaby. 
Judge me because you're not the same,
and you're the fatuous believing lies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment