Saturday, March 12, 2016

Broken Lullaby






“I may have failed but I loved you from the start”


I write you letters

that you’ll never return

and tiger lilies dry in the sun

withering under

the piercing rays prying

at the doors of their life.

I miss you.

Your laugh rips my heart out

as it lingers like a riled spector 

moving through my body.

I don’t think I’ll ever

be without you again,

which is ironically 

what I’ve always wanted.

I am in love with you

but I can’t see you

so I have to get out of this city.

I will miss her 

but she did me wrong,

so I’m walking away

with my back against the rain.

I had to be broken apart,

ripped down to nothing

but a pulse, lifeblood, and bones

and I am unashamed.

But I’ll always love you,

you’re my weakness, my inspiration,

and my addiction,

my pride, my joy, the love of my life,

and you are my fatal affliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment