Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Palms to the Sky





















Have you ever been to Portland?
Would you go with me tonight?
Maybe it's not as crazy as it seems
if we shoot out all the lights.
We'll stage a great escape
and become human cannonballs,
to land in the sand caressed driftwood.

The breeze through the screen
cools my face as if it were pressed to glass.
Too many years looking in,
too many places to know where to begin.
All the things that have come to pass
make us more than a sum of parts,
So shake me until I fall to pieces,
until you are asleep inside me.

Have you ever kissed a stranger
to push into the tempting danger?
Head thrown back, palms to the sky
face to the dark but open eyed.
Surround me with you radiance,
kiss me with your soul all night.
Part my lips and sanctify me.

No comments:

Post a Comment