Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Swann Song



The summer haze drowns the city lights.
I toast the summer
and the blissful sky she's lured me with.
A swirling neon ribbon paces,
trapped in the incandescence below the city limits.
Engine fog dangles low
and fireflies light the way of rumbling foothills.

I'm a roaming gypsy form Lonesome Dove.
I keep moving,
it's how I'm built.
One eye open even when I'm sleeping
because that's when I do
my best writing.

Today sings my soul a Swann song
without a worry of what can go wrong.
Blind love leaks from a hole in my chest
putting terrors and tremors to rest.
Today I sing my Swann song
and carry into a tomorrow I belong.

I went wading through
our little stream of dreams
chasing tadpoles around the circles of love.
She always knows what's right
as she's looking left,
and how did we get here,
to a sea beyond our fathomless depth?

No comments:

Post a Comment