Tuesday, August 28, 2012

On Paper Wings






















You fall again from the sky
like a letter in the wind,
floating close but out of reach...
the torment starts again

I hear you sighing in the photographs.
It slips into my ears
filling me up with starry skies,
twisting sharply into fear.

Devils and angels rage on all night.
The madness screams into the dark.
I'm of sound mind and body,
but insanity's racing through my heart.

Everyone hides a secret
embedded deep behind the scars.
Tell my why my scars still bleed,
like the weeping light of dying stars.

My darkest hour will never end
feverishly haunted with a ghost.
I was fortune's fool in fleeting time.
I gambled with the one I loved the most.

Crimson and clover fall under the black
but the tempest has yet to subside.
Once it's gone you can never go back,
the desert is the other side.

Fate is cruel and time is mean.
Exile makes sanity collapse.
Never fall prey to regrets,
because you can't change the past

Again you're drifting out of sight
as my soul begins to sleep.
Tomorrow you'll be gone again
and I can barely breathe.

I search the sky but there's no stars,
just a desolate moon and city light.
Winter's chill runs through my veins,
for everyday there's another night.



No comments:

Post a Comment