Saturday, August 22, 2009

Glass and Shadow


My senses won’t forget you

I know they never will

Scratches on my heart still burn

Beneath a captive chill

It’s funny how much strangers

Can remind me of your tangled laces

My conscience is stifled speechless

As my imagination changes places

Old man winter holds me tight

Beneath the piercing rays of August sun

I won’t let go of winter’s arms

Because they keep my demons numb

I find solace sleeping here

As the flurries falls

Feeling through the looking glass

Until there’s nothing to feel at all

Twilight kiss my silhouette

Shine and twinkle on my skin

Carry me to your floating city

Only you can make me young again

I keep to my bohemia

There’s nothing I won’t tell

I’m desperately seeking angels

I’ve seen the depth of hell

Sometimes I hear the devil’s bedlam

Screaming profanely at the night

Before my trapdoors and addictions

Reaching for that peaceful light

You’re soaring through the brimstone

tragic like a shooting star

I’ll on go as you grow colder

Glass and shadow is all we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment