Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hurricane


Fly with me through the hurricane,
I'll cover you from all the wind and rain.
Stoke the flames and watch me spin
I'm the fool shamelessly dancing for your grin.
Tell me the secrets of your pages
written on your skin for all the ages.
I trust the heavens of the sky
more than a flicker of the eyes
and you have so many answers 
but you can not tell me why.

Come away with me at shotgun
as we run this red light district,
we grabbed the vine
we drowned in our wine
because time is cruel mistress.

Fly with me through the hurricane
and nothing will ever be the same.
My inhibitions go topsy turvy
for a Venus long a curvy.
Unread letters from my fingers slip
to the floor as I rush your grip.
I trust the heavens more than most
as I move around your noisy ghost.
Our ship went down like a cannon ball
but the sails still keep to a devoted hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment