Wednesday, June 6, 2012

These Hours

In these hours I see so clearly,
I see all the finer movements
of a rain dance and war machine
in the face of a clock pushing on
unaware that she is the anchor.

I can float so high
I escape the supervision of stars
and the constellations lose track of me
But I have crawled and will not be denied
my thirst for what other’s have been lacking.

A good friend of mine always says
“It’s going to be okay, love.”
And mostly I believe
in her modest hopes be delivered
But some nights we howl off the Severn bridge
believing in nothing but the rushing of the river.

In these hours I breathe so freely
and save my blues for another day
because I can I be sad 
with soft eyes seeing through me
but it’s for another time and place
so just for awhile,
let me stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment