Thursday, June 28, 2012

Homecomings






































With midnight calling I spread my wings
to the arms of judging archangels ,
sitting between granite gargoyles.
The church bells are quiet now
expect for the whispering tenants  
that expose secrets in forgotten Latin
from the voice of tired Gods
in a noise only the horizon understands.
You’re in my chemistry
I feel you through are molecules;
the breath I take
I feel oxygen
pushing into shared lifeblood
My veins dilate from your electrified touch.
your resoluteness crashes through me;
my senses,
my body,
my will.
Soaring wings take me to the abyss
and I scream into the void.
She never answers in a timely fashion.
The north eastern wind tenderly
but forcefully blows on all four sides
of my true face when she kisses me.
I wait faithfully 
for unexpected homecomings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment