Friday, November 16, 2012

Lucid



My lucid dreams are hazy waters
that dig beneath the floorboards,
and I lie and listen
to the riptide tearing towards me.
You came into my life
like a goddamn hurricane,
it all would have come to pass
if I didn’t love the rain.

The road is paved with a glitter of glass
embedded deep in city scarred streetlight
You’ve polished the urban scuffs
and taught me the lullaby of the night.
Mayhem tangled constellations
connect the fibers of our beings
just as the anatomy of our hearts,
keep the lifeblood beating.

You are the love of my life
my tattooed venus and angel kiss.
I never new so many things
because I never learned to love like this.
Your brilliance has been the shine
that lead me to your graces.
In your arms I rise from pyre
and lead you to a million places.

No comments:

Post a Comment