Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Halo on the Lake


























Time should have warned us
of our ultimate shipwreck.
Dammit, I can still feel
your superficial hand upon me.
I have never seen your eyes
but I can feel the shine in my bedroom
You know we were cheated
and our love unrequited.

I graciously let go
to lies guised as love songs.
Looking back now,
I don’t know if it was worth it.
But I don’t know if it wasn’t,
I don’t know answers,
just questions by the dozen,
time’s turned me into
something able of feeling nothing.

Time should have warned us,
of affairs of the heart
lovers become strange
as seasons change
and faces flicker in the dark,
nothing ever stays the same.

There’s a halo on the lake tonight,
and music from open windows
vibrate the fine strings of my thoughts
as I search my pockets for a light.
I’ll be a lingering interval,
a moment reflected in moonshine.
We make the most of what we take,
and the things we learn to leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment