Sunday, April 8, 2012

Warnings




























I should have warned you
time can betray you
there’s a bullet in whiskey
there’s no real heroes.

The love’s a catalyst

throwing you into motion

and before you know it

you’re half way across the ocean.

And you,

you are just like everyone else
you,
you don’t know me at all.

The streets move along

and I dive into withdraw.

I should have warned you
the world’s stark raving mad

my heart has fractures
though my defenses were flawless.

It’s irreversible this time

I’ve fallen a victim

There’s no one to blame here

there’s no one to blame here

So I sleep with one eye open

I’m only night time’s guest

I look to kill at sundown

A thousand things to confess
Just to end up at your front door
a
drunken truthful mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment