Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Anywhere But Here

anywhere but here, my love

take me far away tonight;

because i thought to tempt the darkness,

tears have taken out the lights.

drive me through the shooting stars

make me forget this no face place

take me within an inch of my life

i believe i need

your finest face.

2:22 and i'm pondering you

fingering the comfort

of the things i once knew.

it's haunting

and taunting inspiration,

crushing lyrics into baby stars

go stumbling to the liquor and perfume

and fight the physics

of who you are.

complicate me until it’s simple

pull me together with your threads

sew together the soil

to embrace the sun seeds in my head.

because i know the sun will rise

and i'll be on that train,

but if you come to me tonight

nothing will ever be the same.

there's gravity between us

chemistry loose above

it matters not

this woeful world;

we do not choose,

we only love.

2 comments: