Sunday, May 24, 2009

40 Winks

Keeping my eyes open
I try to fight back sleep
I kiss away the promises
Of heartache I still keep
Writing my confusion
To a girl now out of reach
Its pitch black in my house of cards
Your compassion I beseech
I'm sitting by the river
You're dancing with the rain
You send me running through the streetlight
Screaming out your name
I'm forty winks away from dreaming
Thirty nine belong to you
I'm tangled in your rhythmic breathing
Forgetting everything I thought I knew
Thunderstorms take the sky
And rain pours on the roof
The rapture of your arms around me
Speaks only words of truth
There's not enough words
in my heart for your grace
A haunting scent of roses lingers
Like a glow on your sweet face
I trace your outline with my fingers
When you're not around me
You're still on the air I breath
As my doubts of you surrounds me
You hold me high you hold me low
You hold me in my sleep
Silver bullets can't touch this
But you've got me on my knees
I could take you in my arms forever
And find eternity in your soul
You sing to me like doves of devotion
As the thunder starts to roll
Pierce the night with silver arrows
And fly on Cupid's wings
Others relish and dive
clear blue skies
But I know why the caged bird sings

Madstar Ink 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment